E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Oops

The Boss and I went riding today for about an hour and a half.  It was a beautiful day and a good ride before and after the oops. The dried up mud was everywhere and full of deep rutted hoof holes.  Our horses stumbled once in a while going through that stuff.  Then there was the oops. Not quite sure what really happened, but my mare went down with her right front leg folded under her along with my right lower leg.  My knee got either twisted or bend to the side.  Scared the Boss to see me on the ground with my horse laying on my leg.  My mare got up quickly and started grazing, waiting on me.

Quite a bit of pain when it happened, but reduced a lot when I walked on it, gingerly.  Walked my horse about 150 yards and we both seemed OK.  Found a place where I could stand on a little hill and managed to climb back in the saddle.  Rode the rest of the way back and didn't notice any issue with the horse, though my knee had stiffened and was very sore. 

I'll be checking my horse again tomorrow. She may have a delayed reaction like me.  Right now I'm sitting with a cold pack on my knee to reduce swelling.

No comments: