E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, June 15, 2020

Lost My Riding Partner

So a week later my mare has yet to show any signs of damage from her fall.  My knee is improving also.  We are doing well enough that the Boss and I went for another trail ride last Friday.  It was a good ride. Quite enjoyable.

Unfortunately I've lost my riding partner for quite a while.  She's had 3 trail rides, and after each it's taken her 2 days to recover.  Her spinal surgery recovery was going very well until her knee went bone on bone.  Looks like the bad knee is causing her back pain in the surgical area.

The Boss is stubborn about me not riding alone, so I'm stuck with a very unreliable riding partner.  We were supposed to go riding this morning.  I just arrived at the barn when she texted me that she couldn't make it.  So now rescheduled for tomorrow.  That's very typical.

Last summer, my first summer of retirement, the Boss had 4 surgeries.  So I didn't do any riding or get to the range.  That summer sucked.  So far this one is only slightly better.

No comments: