E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Old School Pistol

Slept in a little this morning instead of getting up early to beat the heat riding a horse.  Did a couple of things around the house, then headed to the range.  Yep, it's been a while.

Ran into another elderly guy who is also a fan of the old school pistol called the 1911.  We both agreed that the design is extremely easy to shoot well.  Of all the various handguns I've ever fired the old JMB design works best for me.  The second best, for me, is another old school design called the Hi Power.  I spent some time with it today.

Looking at pure accuracy, I've been below my demonstrated standard for a few years now.  I'll blame it on old age and spending more time with the horses than with shooting irons.  But still, my combat accuracy is quite adequate.  Shooting quickly a clay targets, switching between 25 and 50 yards was satisfying.  The bullets struck within a couple inches, if not hitting, the clays all the time, even at 50 yards.

I didn't try any shooting one handed.  Didn't want to embarrass myself, though no one would notice but me.

No comments: