E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Day Off

So took yesterday off to make this a 4 day weekend.  Crawled this old body out of bed and was on my horse before 8AM.  The Boss and I had a good ride, though mine was marred by one exciting moment.  At one point, while leading, my mare suddenly spooked and did an about face.  Came damn close to coming off of her.  Kinda hurt my arthritic left hip joint staying on her.  She went about 30 feet and then turned around again to check out the situation, so I collected myself and we continued the ride.

Don't really know what spooked her, but I have a suspicion.  Later we spotted a car leaving the edge of the woods.  I think a hiker may have been the trigger.

Makes me wonder how long I have until I have another hip replacement. 

No comments: