E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Range Time

Made it to the range this morning for about 1-1/2 hours.  I think for only the third time this year. 

I apologized to a family for staring at them.  I just love watching a family at the range.  There were 4 generations with the youngest 2 being a little blond girl and her mother.

Opened up the 357 at 100 yards.  With something like a tree to put my left forearm against I used to feel quite confident that I would make a clean kill on a deer.  Not now.  75 yards is a stretch now.  To quote a movie character " a man's got to know his limitations".

Did some 25 yard shooting with the Kimber 45, Hi-Power 9mm and Bull Dog 44 special.  Two hand and strong hand were not too bad.  Actually pretty good considering the lack of recent practice.  Left handed not so much.  Hurt my left wrist falling off my horse last week, it's still sore, but I can't blame my week hand shooting on that.  Lack of practice and a little on getting up in years.

I shoot the autos better than the 44 revolver, especially double action.  Though still good enough that nobody would want me using them as a target at that range.

No comments: