E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Horses & Guns

Rigged up the old Aussie saddle on Toby for the granddaughter to try, and she loved it.  It also fits Toby almost perfect.  I haven't tried it as yet, but ordered new stirrup leathers and an Aussie girth.

Stable owner has offered to sell us a TWH mare.  Tried riding her a little in the pasture with someone else's saddle.  Didn't stay on her very long due to balance issues.  My head felt funny and I was having issues when she was just standing still.  The Boss rode her some and was impressed.  Still don't know how well she'll handle trails and Rowans antics.

Not interested in caring for 3 horses, and doubt the granddaughter can handle caring for Toby on her own.  I'll have to get better at riding, and Toby needs to calm down some.  Not going to stop riding because it's helping the Boss's bad back.
- - - - - - - - -
Bought a Nicon LER scope for my modified Ishapore.  I'm impressed with the optics especially for the price.  Mounted it and replaced the dead holosight on the AR.  Maybe one of these days I'll get the chance to sight them in.  The AR should be close now because the dot is co-witness with the backup irons.

No comments: