E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, September 15, 2014

Engineering

He got my attention by talking about engineers and politicians.

engineers SOLVE problems by breaking big problems and big issues into small ones, which can be solved one at a time.  Politicians cannot and will not do that, instead making problems bigger and bigger, while lying (to themselves and others) about how they have the knowledge and experience (and power) to solve the big problems.

And that difference is why I hold politicians in such low esteem.

I must confess that I've made my living by being an engineer for several decades.  Actually since 1975.  And yes my career is close to the end, maybe another 5 or 7 years and I'll retire.

Not only is engineering my profession, it is who I am.  Even my hobbies are technical in nature.

I must confess that I have no understanding of the mind that does not use logic and problem solving techniques on a daily basis.

No comments: