E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Great Weekend

The weekend was a blast despite arthritis slowing me down. One of the guys mentioned that just 2 years ago I was always out front leading the charge into the paintball battle, and now I hang back a little. That's what happens when one leg just doesn't work like it used to, and has pain, though not much, with every step.

There were 12 of us camping there and playing paintball for 2 days in Hell Michigan. The field is actually at Pinckney Michigan.

We didn't climb into the sack until sometime early Saturday morning after enjoying beer and whiskey. Somebody brought a new bottle of bourbon, of which I had my share, to the point of swaying in the breeze when I stood up. Slept like a baby on the air mattress after that. Yeah, old guys like air mattresses in the tent.

In general our group kicked some ass on the playing field. Between my son, one of his friends, and myself we went through 10,000 paintballs in 2 days. Shooting full automatic paintball guns, several of our opponents were literally painted.

All that fun is unfortunately paid for by joint and muscle pain.

No comments: