E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Strange to Help

So today I spent all afternoon explaining the fixturing and some of the finer points regards our products to 2 engineers from the new location of our business. I'll be doing the same thing for the rest of the week. This amounts to helping others to do my job. It's a strange feeling to help others to succeed at doing what we did well, and rewarded by losing our jobs.

When I lost my last job I took a 30% pay cut to take a position at this company. In 1 year I worked that back up to only 18% less, and holding due to the economy. The Boss seems to think I can maintain my current pay this time. I really don't think I can with the current job market. I'm once again faced with starting over with a different company, and at a lower pay, assuming I can find something.

No comments: