E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sane & Rational

A couple of years ago my eldest son got married, which meant that I needed to rent a tuxedo for the occasion. In my opinion the neck tie was invented by an evil woman that wanted all men to be strangled.

Several of us met and went to a local small men's store that specializes in suits and formal rentals. As is my custom, I was armed. I had forgotten that I would be measured until the guy actually started measuring me. It was one of those 'oh crap' moments. Since the door was lacking a 'no guns' sign, I informed him that I was armed and needed to get the weapon out of his way for the measurement. Instead of going bat-shit, he calmly suggested I just lay it on a nearby chair until he was finished. Apparently their clients include a lot of local police, and the owner is one of us gun nuts.

When I decided to purchase a new suit for my interview tomorrow, I went back to that same men's store. Once again I was measured, once again I was armed, and once again it wasn't a big deal. I find it refreshing to do business with sane and rational people. They'll continue to be my choice for dressier clothes in the future.

1 comment:

skinner said...

HEY !
You look like a frekin lawyer ?



Good Luck { seriously ]

> Skinner