E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

380 Day

Took the Llama Micromax and the other 2 380s to the range today.  The intent was to make sure of function integrity. Two of the 3 performed better than I expected.

My pocket, bad breath distance, Keltec P3AT functioned without issue and is a lot more accurate than I thought. Despite the almost not there sites, I was able to easily put shots on a half sized silhouette at 25 yards.

The Bosses Bersa Thunder 380 was also reliable and easier to shoot accurately at 25 yards than I remember. If you like DA/SA carry guns, they are a bargain, rugged, reliable and accurate.

I think I know why the Micromax has feeding issues. I think the extractor does not want to allow the cartridge rim under it. Almost a 50-50 proposition.

Also tried a couple of different loads in the 44 special. Not impressed with accuracy. Probably due to unignited powder.  The newly installed Hogue grip fits my hand better and makes the light weight 5 shot way more comfortable.

Because I have plenty of 9mm components, I brought the Hi-Power for fun. Ran a couple of magazines. After I removed the mag disconnect and blocked the trigger back years ago, it became my favorite pistol. The fiber optic front site didn't hurt any either.

No comments: