E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, June 1, 2020

Ride Number 2

Went riding yesterday with the Boss and a riding friend.  The second ride of the year.  Other than my mare being in one of her energetic moods it went rather well.

It was hard for the Boss to get on her horse due to lack of strength and reduced flexibility.  I'm going to get her a taller mounting block.  Once in the saddle she did very well.  Riding comes natural for her. She's always been a better rider than me.

My mare has always been a little feisty.  One of the things I like about her.  When she's energetic, she walks very fast which is tiring for me.  Sometimes when walking fast in the woods, she forgets about the rider. That is slightly hazardous.

The Bosses bad knee started hurting quite a bit as did my arthritic hip.  Towards the end of the ride I noticed I was sitting to one side and leaning back in the saddle.  Sitting to one side is a response to hip pain, and leaning back happens due to tired core muscles.  Both just happen without thought.  A little more than 2 hours in the saddle was a bit too much.

No comments: