E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Another LEO Supporter

Yesterday I stopped in the local gas station/ convenience store.  The lady at the counter said she liked my 2nd amendment T-shirt.  As I was getting ready to leave a deputy sheriff walked in, and no he didn't buy donuts.  We talked briefly about the Glock he was carrying and why double stack hammer-less handguns aren't for me. The counter lady said she has a carry license.  The deputy said he wished everybody had one.

Actually she said she had a permit.  I despise that term.  It implies that I need government permission to have a weapon for self protection.  That's just BS.

I've been in contact with maybe half a dozen LEOs the past few years, and they all voiced support for the individual right to be armed.  Makes me wonder why the LEO top brass and unions are so against individualism and for big daddy government control.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am interested in how you broach the subject of what the officer, or deputy, is carrying. Unless one has prior familiarity with that person, it is awkward and suspicious to inquire of their sidearm. I would like to read more on this. I have no bad intent, many times I am very interested but have gotten a questioning look of why I want to know and the conversation rarely goes beyond that. I suppose it is easier when the lawman is of the 'people of the gun'.

Rick.