E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Good People

Several years ago, on my birthday, I purchased a hacked-up Ishapore Enfield.  For those that don't know, that's old style Enfield rifle made in India with modern steel and chambered for the 7.62x51 NATO cartridge.  A previous owner shortened the forearm and barrel, then installed a flash hider.  Not being original, I got it cheap.

Since the rear sight is mounted to the barrel that is now about 18 inches, the sight radius approached that of a handgun.  Not good for old eyes, so I put a B-Square scope mount where the rear sight would be.  That worked OK for a light weight red dot, but not for the 2.5 - 6 scope now mounted there.  The force of recoil stripped the hold down screw.

Where I work we deal with a couple of small shops, one of which is owned by a father and son that participate in 1,000 yard shoots with black powder cartridge rifles.  They've even built their own rifles.  Yesterday I took my Ishapore there and got the issue fixed . . . . for nothing.  The machinist said that some day he may need my help with something.

As a general rule the shooting fraternity is filled with good people.  Yes there are some whack jobs, but I've found them to be few and far between.

When the news, local and national, is filled with reports of evil it's easy to get a jaded view of humanity.  It's good to get a glimpse of the good on occasion.

No comments: