E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Vacation Day

This morning the Boss and I went to grandparents day to see our 4th grade grandson.  Afterwards, naturally, I had to take her shopping, then on to the stables for a ride.

My mare got her second shot of anti-bitchy medicine.  So far so good.  She was great going out but stubborn on the way back.  We were only a couple miles from the barn when a light rain started so we turned around.  I don't mind getting wet, but rain on my glasses makes me nearly blind.  It was approaching feed time in the barn so she was in a big hurry to get back.  Me not so much, so we had several arguments as to velocity, which I eventually won.

I probably wouldn't have had any issue if we were out on the trails longer.  A tired horse is an obedient horse.

The Boss had similar episodes with her gelding when first riding him.  That was 2 years ago, and those arguments are very seldom today.  I've had my mare less than a year, so I expect we'll come to an understanding before long.

 Several time on the trail I was tempted to take some video with my cell phone, but didn't.  With my luck, I probably would've dropped the thing in the mud.  Maybe one day I'll get that done and post it.

-------

It's no secret that I have a license and carry everywhere I go, except at work.  Being new to horse riding, I've managed to fall off several times in the past 2 years.  Only once did my Kimber 45 leave to protective comfort of the Don Hume holster. And that holster does not have a retention strap. That was last fall when I hit the ground hard enough to stun me a little.  It sure pays to have a gun & holster combination that fits.

No comments: