E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, December 2, 2016

Limping Along

A couple months ago I made the mistake of pulling, not pushing a cart loaded with a few hundred pounds of horse feed.  I pulled it right into my heel.  The soreness lasted a few days. 

A week and a half ago I helped the Boss do some yard work, and quit when the same heel started hurting.  Next morning I could hardly walk, but it went away a couple of days later.

Wednesday I cleaned our 2 horse stalls, 3 wheelbarrow loads about 100 yards to the pile.  Yesterday I could hardly walk again. Experiencing a lot of pain with any kind of weight on the foot.  Not working today.  Walking across the parking lot and climbing 36 steps to my desk is out of the question, though I barely managed it yesterday with a cane.   The Boss brought me crutches a moment ago, so I'm now mostly mobile again.  The policy is no crutches at work, even though I work mostly at a desk, so I'll be off for a while.

Seeing a orthopedist Monday.  I have pain and swelling where the tendon attaches to the heel.  Actually, the only pain is when I put any weight on that foot.  No pain at all just sitting here.

No comments: