E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Saddle Coming

Haven't been riding in a couple weeks, mostly due to horse flies, deer flies, humidity and heat.  Even without those issues I wouldn't have gone because of poor saddle fit.  It fit my deceased TWH OK but not the new Mountain Horse.  Don't want to chance messing up a good thing.

Ever since the last ride I've been researching saddles.  Sent tracing of the horse's back to a couple of places for recommendations at $1,000 or less.  Then searched on line for anything used.  In a western saddle I need a 17 inch seat.  Not many out there.  The same for an 18 inch Australian.

Finally decided to go Australian.  The Kimberly Trailmaster.  I rode an Australian another time, and though it was too small for me, I liked it.  The Kimberly is adjustable, and will be adjusted for my horse based on the tracings I sent.  So in a week or two I'll have a new saddle and be able to ride again, weather permitting.

No comments: