E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Minutes Away

Driving down a little country road with the wife and grandson as passengers.  At the top of a small rise I see 2 guys off to the left signaling me to either stop or slow down.  I slow down, as I top the rise I see a couple of cars stopped in the oncoming lane.  There are 3 people off to the left and 2 to the right and 1 in the center next to the cars.  I slow down some more.  At the same time as I see it the wife yells "he has a gun".  The guy in the center of the road is pointing a revolver towards the 3 people to my left.

I put it in reverse, back up and turn around in a driveway.  I see the first guy I saw on his phone, so I got the hell out of there.  About 4 miles down the road I pull into a station for fuel.  As I'm standing there pumping gas a sheriff car, lights and sirens, goes by.

It's true.  They're only minutes away.  In this case at least 5 minutes.

Thankfully I didn't need to use the 45 on my hip, the one under the seat, or the 380 the wife carries.  I've been carrying ever since, and a few times before, it became legal here in Ohio.  That's as close as I've come to needing to use it.  May it never happen.

No comments: