E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, May 30, 2016

Short Lived

Went riding this morning for the first time since last fall.  The Boss wanted to go badly, so I agreed to ride the big TWH gelding.  My western saddle doesn't fit him worth a damn, so I used an old  Australian saddle.  First time I ever rode with one of those.  If I was to buy a new saddle today, it would be Australian. 

Our ride was short lived because it was just too much work, as far as I was concerned.  My granddaughter has been cowboying the big gelding so all he wanted to do was haul ass.  Pulling and releasing the reins on a tough mouthed horse gets tiring rather quick.

I wish my mare was healthy enough to ride.  She was like sitting on a cloud by comparison, and very soft to control.  She's not without her issues though.  She's always been a pasture horse and scares easily.  With time I can get her over that, but not for a while.  She still limps when she walks and needs to add muscle mass.  Maybe I can ride her this fall.  Between now and then will be some ground training.

No comments: