E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, August 23, 2015

This And That

Got a 4 day weekend coming up, so maybe I'll get to the range to adjust the new sights on the Ishapore and the AR.  I'll certainly spend some time with the new horse.

This morning, after cleaning stalls, I worked with Gigi on her ground manners.  When on the lead rope, she tries to pull me along or leans into me.  I didn't work with her very long, but she was getting the idea.  A chain wrapped across her nose and attached to a lead does get her attention.

The Boss has had surgery to remove arthritis from her spine and then later electrode implanted to reduce chronic pain.  Strangely, riding a horse helps her, and frankly she's a hell of a lot better rider than I am.  If she's in pain riding eliminates it, at least while she's riding.  The more she rides the less intense the pain.  It appears to be good therapy for her.  Even if I didn't like horses I'd be riding anyway.

No comments: