E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Still Here, Very Busy

Took the last of my vacation days starting last Wednesday through next week.  Use it or lose it time.

Last Wednesday through Saturday was spent constructing a base and assembling a yard shed for yard tools, and also starting the framing for a deck for the front of the house.  All that between the rain and in the high humidity and heat.  Been working in soggy clothes from the rain and sweat to the point of feeling like I have diaper rash.  I hate it when stepping brings a sloshing sound from my shoes due to sweat.

Took the day off to rest, but went with the Boss to look at a horse for the third time.  The pretty little Arabian mare dances a little when climbing aboard.  The Boss hasn't been on a horse in decades, but gave it a good try.  That's the first time I saw someone fall off a horse, before actually getting in the saddle.  We bought that horse anyway.  The second time up went well, and the Arabian settles right down. Compared to a quarter horse, she's like riding a cloud, so I'm told.

I got on a little Walker that was so responsive that I had to be careful about the signals I gave, whether intentional or not.  It was a strange feeling.  The last time I rode was years ago in the Rocky Mountains on a wilderness elk hunt.

Tomorrow we're off to a cabin for a few days of relaxation.  Then this coming weekend, I'll be working on the deck again.  Hopefully the weather won't be so hot.

No comments: