E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Construction Issues

We got back from our little getaway late Thursday afternoon. 

I worked on the deck framing all day Friday.  I've personally built 3 decks before, and this is by far the hardest, partially because of what I'm trying to accomplish, the damn hot weather and mostly because of the material supplier.  Instead of multiple trips with my little truck, I paid extra for all the raw material to be delivered at the same time.

The first issue is that the railing and spindles showed up gray, when the Boss wanted red.  While the son and I sweated, she took the stuff back, argued with the supplier and got the correct color ordered.

Then yesterday I was at the point where I could start installing the flooring.  When I cut open the plastic wrap, the color was correct but the type was wrong.  It was the cheaper hollow core when I wanted the solid material.

The Boss got on the phone and talked to a manager.  The new railing and floor boards will be delivered in about a week.  The trucker will take the other back with him.  Between now and then, I should be able to frame out the ramp entrance to the deck.
---------

The horse we bought is at her new home.  Took the Boss, granddaughter and one of her friends there this afternoon.  I enjoyed watching the girls and their horse.  The Boss picket out a saddle while we were gone, and it seemed to fit the horse just fine.

No comments: