E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, September 8, 2012

What's Not to Like??

The economy hasn't been worth a crap for several years now.  When the bottom fell out I was the engineering manager for a small company owner by a multinational company headquartered in Germany.  We never lost money and were actually making money when corporate decided to move the whole operation out of state.  I was blessed in that I only lost 2 weeks of work before landing another engineering job.  Being a general practitioner has some advantages.

I'm no longer a manager, but I like what I'm doing and where I work.  The new employer must be doing rather well despite the economy.  The engineering department, in my area, has doubled in the past year, and not with cheap people either.  About half of the department has PHD degrees.  I could probably find a higher paying position elsewhere, but that would also come with more hours and stress.  Right now I have diversity of assignments, little stress, and 40 hour weeks in a company that appears to be very stable in a shitty economy.  What's not to like about that?

No comments: