E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dishonest Statistics

Have you noticed how the price of almost everything is increasing?  Chances are your pay is either stagnant or is actually decreasing, so money for discretionary spending is tanking.  So how can prices increase this much when the published inflation rate has been hovering around 2%?  As I understand, the official inflation rate does not include the price of fuel or groceries, the stuff that is required to live.

Does this seem dishonest to you?

The official unemployment rate, as published by the Fed is a shade over 8%.  And it would be even higher if federal hadn't grown so much with the non-productive.  Again, as I understand, this statistic only counts those that receive unemployment.  Those that can't find jobs and give up, and those forced to accept temporary or part time work are not considered.

Is this dishonest?

We are talking about the federal government and politicians here.  Dishonesty is normal.

Fire all of them and start over!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I graduated from college just as the tech bubble broke in 2001, I remember trying to explain to my mother why I didn't have a job yet. She kept insisting there must be SOMETHING and I was being to picky....till she tried to help my highschool age brother find a summer job, and everywhere she looked the "teen summer jobs" were filled with folks her age, and older.....people just don't realize till it slaps them in the face that those numbers the feds put out are all manipulated.