E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Played Hookie

Saturday was painting, all day, at the old house, but Sunday I played hookie from all the work that needs to be done around both houses.

An old friend stopped by to talk about paintball equipment.  Seems he's involved with a small group  of preppers.  They're sharing their respective areas of expertise.  In any case he was elected to do something with firrearms, and he thought playing paintball would be a decent way of introducing the group to combat tactics.  I think air soft would be better, but I'm OK with helping them out.

We then went to the range.  For me that's the first time in quite a while.  On the way we stopped and picked up his younger brother and son.  His younger brother, one of the preppers, had a brand new AR to try.  The 2 brothers played with the new toy, and I spent half my time working with the young son and his 22 rimfire.  I enjoyed the hell out of that.

I then spent time with my AR, CETME and Ruger 454 Casull, all at 200 yards.  My revolver shooting sucked, as I expected, but the long gun skills do not erode nearly as fast with lack of practice.

No comments: