E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Again

We're back from our short vacation to Amana Iowa and Springfield Illinois.

The Boss likes fruit wines made from such things as cranberry, cherry and blackberries. All of that can be found in Amana. We brought back 2+ cases of an assortment. Another thing that can be found in Amana is the best tasting and most authentic German style food. I ate like a pig, I did.

In Springfield we learned a lot about Abe Lincoln that's not taught in school. We visited the old state capital, his home and the Lincoln museum, among other places.

The morning we were leaving the B&B in Amana I got to talking to a fellow gun person and concealed carry guy. It started when he asked me if I was a member of the NRA. I was wearing a NRA T-shirt with a rifle and "power to the people" on the back. As it turns out he's also a member and a member of the USCCA, as I am. As a people, I think we're multiplying.

I wore it the first afternoon and evening in Springfield as well, since it was only about a 4 hour drive. Nobody in Illinois commented on the shirt. Go figure.

In Illinois I decided to carry a weapon regardless of the illegal state law. A tiny little KelTek 380 in an IWB is almost impossible to spot. My Kimber 45 and Kahr PM9 stayed locked in the trunk.

While away the Boss's good friend, and basically non-related daughter ended up in the hospital. She had blood clots in her groin and lower belly. Two surgical procedures were performed that probably saved her life. We almost came back early because of that, but there wasn't a thing we could due. We visited her this afternoon, and I broke another law by again packing the little 380 in my pocket.

As it turned out her male nurse is a former marine and gun nut. His fiance hated those evil things at first, but now has a carry license as does his 70 year old mother. Now that was good to hear.

The statistics say that those with carry licenses are the most lawful by a huge margin. I must be the exception to that rule because it seems that I always carry in places where it's not legal. If something should happen, I refuse to be a sheep.

No comments: