E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, December 27, 2010

Training

My ex-marine son called tonight and asked if I was interested in any 30 Cal carbine magazines. A friend of his has a box full and he's willing to part with some. Since I only had 2 magazines to start with, yes I'm interested because one got blown into pieces when the bolt failed to close properly.

OOps!! I forgot there's no such thing as an ex-marine.

During our conversation, he said he's getting geared up for a tactical shotgun training class. Several years ago he acquired a Spas 12, that he intends to use for the class. It's a bit heavy, but firing that many rounds could be problematic if using a lighter weight weapon.

For the last couple of years I've been wanting to attend TDI for some advanced defensive handgun training. Unfortunately time, money or my physical condition has gotten in the way. Maybe some day it'll happen. The place is less than 2 hours drive from home, so there's not much room for excuses.

No comments: