E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hospital Bill

We now have a copy of the bottom line hospital bill sent to the insurance company. Insurance paid all but $21 of the $60,000+ bill. Since what I got was bottom line only I'm going to ask for an itemized account of all the charges. I am a curious person. I don't know if that price is reasonable or not for OR time, recovery time and 3 days stay. I also don't know if the anesthesiologist is included. I was expecting maybe $30,000-$40,000 but not this high.

So far the cost for my surgery is about $64,000 with support doctor and therapy costs as yet undetermined. And that doesn't count the lost wages from not being able to work. This is one hell of an expensive hip I have.

At least other than muscle soreness and stiffness, the pain is history.

No comments: