E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Range Day

Yesterday late morning I went with a friend to a local shooring range. He was trying to decide what chambering to get in a semi-auto. I supplied two 9mm and two 45 pistols for him to try. I have each in full sized all steel, and compact light weight. I don't own a 40, though he did rent a full sized Glock in 40.

He shot my two 1911s and HiPower fairly well. The Glock didn't suit him even a little bit, even less than the tiny Kahr PM9.

The decision has yet to be made, but I suspect he's going to end up with a full sized, all steel 9mm. He really liked my HiPower.

A guy behind the counter at the range said, with authority, that the 1911 is not a suitable carry gun, even if you like 1911s. Isn't it interesting how an opinion can become gospel in some minds? I think my aluminum framed , 3" 1911 is the perfect carry weapon, . . . for me anyway. I only carry plastic (Kahr PM9) when something smaller and lighter is required. If I could get a 1911 in that size and weight in 9mm, that would be my choice.

Oh, and mostly standing on my feet for a couple of hours was exhausting. And my personal markmanship didn't degrade as much as I thought it would without shooting for maybe 3 months.

No comments: