E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, July 11, 2010

No Respect

Friday evening I went from work to a funeral visitation. Our adopted grandchildren latest father, mothers fourth marriage, lost a brother due to suicide. I knew 7 of the 40+ people there.

Growing up in suburbia, I thought the Boss's relatives from the hills of eastern Kentucky were hicks, but boy was I wrong. The Brier Hoppers of Kentucky are extremely classy people by comparison to what I saw Friday evening. Most all were inner city hicks. I've never seen so many fat, ugly women with ugly skin art, wearing short skirts or jeans in one place in my life. Most of the guys were in t-shirts and frayed jeans, and some appeared to need bathing as well.

In my humble opinion, they were less than respectful, in the extreme.

I quit wearing a tie, except for job interviews, years ago. I went to the visitation dressed in business casual, and expected to be under dressed by comparison. As it was, I stood out as being almost over dressed.

By the way, my little Kahr PM9 is easier to conceal then the Kimber UltraCArry using a shirt tuckable IWB holster.

No comments: