E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bone Cutter

Well I finally decided to see a bone cutter about my arthritic hip. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to see what he has to say about the situation. It was bad enough that I have to physically force my leg up, and then barely reach putting on socks or tying my shoe, but now my left knee is paying a price also.

My left knee gave me troubles for years after 1 bad twist, 2 hyper extensions and 1 knee cap injury. With all that it actually was not bothering me much the last few years, that is until the hip started giving me problems. Apparently favoring the hip has caused more issues with the opposite leg knee. How can a guy limp with both legs painful?

In any case I'm hoping that a scope job on the hip with fix things, for a while anyway. That'll probably be less expensive and faster healing. Being a contractor and not direct hire, I'm not certain being off work for a replacement that I'll still have a job when I'm able to work again. No one will admit it but most companies don't want to hire an engineer that's close to 60 years old.

No comments: