E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

To The Doctors

This evening we dropped off the Bosses car at the shop. Tomorrow we'll find out if the alternator is sick or not. My guess is not, based on past experiences.

My '96 Ford F150 let me down at work one time. There was absolutely no sign of a problem in the morning nor when I left for lunch. When I tried to start it to go home it was dead as a smashed bug. No buzz, no click, nothing. The battery simply died, like falling off a cliff. Thankfully that place of employment had a motor pool. I borrowed a spare battery to get me home.

--------

Last week I had my yearly visit to the doctor. The BP, cholesterol and gout medicines are working fine with no noticeable bad effects. X-rays confirmed that my right hip joint has bad arthritis. The family Doc says cortisone shots for inflammation pain and/or visit a bone surgeon. Neither one sounds good to me. The shots are temporary, and getting cut on (on purpose) for the first time in my life has no appeal. I might visit the bone guy anyway, if just to get an idea what's ahead in my future.

1 comment:

eriko said...

The younger you get the hip replacement the quicker you will heal. My boss is in his 40's and got one done last spring. He was up and walking in a week and biking in a month. Then back to running in 3 months.

The top of his femur looked like the Rocky mnts wrapped around golf ball.