E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

No Range Time Last Night

We didn't get to the range last night to test the Boss's surgically repaired hand. With all of her activities with church, friends and grandchildren she has a hard time finding time to take a deep breath. Every day of every weekend and most evenings are booked through the end of the year so it'll be January before she's available for some shooting.

Since we didn't get out I spent part of the evening loading some 357 ammo. I now have about 250 rounds with 158gr Sierra JHC that clock around 1300f/s. I loaded 100 of them last night but lost 3 cases that were split down the side. I've been using the same brass for . . . well I can't remember the last time a bought 357 brass. I think it's time to toss all of it after this firing and get some new.

I think it was 8 years ago that I did an experiment using 3 different brands of brass and the same bullet powder combination. With my gun and load, Federal brass was the most accurate with Remington a close second followed by Winchester. I don't know if I can get Federal cases, but I'll try anyway.

No comments: