E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Stressed & Tired

It's been something like 6 weeks since my fellow employees and I were informed that our operation is going to be merged into another facility in Mn. Most of us will be unemployed when January 1 rolls around. We all have a financial incentive to get all the manufacturing moved and functioning by that time. Part of the project is to get one duplicate assembly line built, proved and shipped to Mn. by the first of the month. Most of the tooling is not marked, and some don't match the drawings we happen to have. Not only do I have the responsibility of coordinating most of the activities, I'm also the guy that has to create tooling drawings, and get duplicate tools made. We've completely swamped 3 local machine shops, and we're still running behind the schedule, as ridiculous as it is.

Consequently I'm stressed more then I have ever been, grouchy, and tired as all hell. There are times when I wish I could be more of a slacker. Those guys never seem to get stressed at all.

That's the reason I haven't been posting as much lately. Too much brain fade on this end. But not enough that I consider Mao to be one of my favorite philosophers. With those people running things, may God have mercy on us all.

No comments: