E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What Did You Say ??

Carrying a concealed handgun is a privilege in Ohio, Say What?

Damn this statement by the attorney general pisses me off. It's not a privilege you pecker -head, it's a right as stated in the state and federal constitution. Not having a law against open carry, does not mean that licensed to carry concealed is a privilege.

How many times have you heard the phrase "permit to carry"? That phrase also pisses me off. If the state documents said "permit" I'd either mark through the word or not bother with the license at all. I do not require or need a permit to do what's a right. Government does not have the authority to "permit" anything, only to restrict/punish. I do not recognize government authority to "permit" anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, it will be this way for a long time. Gun owners are proud of the concealed carry movement, and wary of licensing, but are completely clueless that asking the govt for a paper allowing them to conceal is a license.

I have one of those little pieces of paper, but I at least know the difference; for what that's worth.

Haji said...

I agree with what you're saying. On the other hand, I just took the CCDW course here. Most of the class were not trained, and probably hadn't considered how much training they needed to be competent to handle a gun in this sort of situation. To me, the current situation is, at best, a compromise. At worst, it allows people to qualify to carry who really haven't got the skills to do so.