E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, April 10, 2009

Unarmed

What's the deal with a US merchant ship sailing in pirate infested waters and the crew unarmed? Not only is that stupid, it's definitely un-American.
-------

In the past I made it a point to buy a few boxes of ammo on buy-a-gun day, April 15. This year, though a little early, I bought a gun. It's not much of a gun, but it is a gun. These little pocket pistols are crude and inexpensive (paid $270 retail), have been around for a while and seem to have a relatively good reputation for reliability. In this case reliability is relative to being fired very little, not like what I practice with.

The best thing is that one can be carried almost anywhere you go. I've been helping the Boss around the house today with it dropped in the front pocket of my jeans. I actually forgot it was there until I started typing this post.

I suppose I'm somewhat of a gun snob in that I've always looked down on the inexpensive guns like Keltec, but I tend to buy middle of the road. Then a few years back I bought a Llama 1911 45acp. Fit and finish was nothing to wrote home about and lacking a feed ramp it would only cycle ball ammo, but it worked. It went bang every time I squeezed the trigger with acceptable accuracy.

With new Keltec pistols selling at around $300 and Charter Arms revolvers a little more there's very little excuse for an American to be gunless. I'm not sure a real American would ever be gunless.

No comments: