E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Paintball Weekend

A bad weekend at the paintball field is better than a good day at work, or something like that.

Three of us drove to this place for a weekend of pump gun only paintball, and 5 others met us there. I consider myself to be among the top 20% of players at the local or big game fields. Pump gun only games have a higher class of expertise. When attending those events, few and far between, I'm mediocre at best.

I found out the hard way that when packing for a camping trip, which is usually only once a year, to not assume all your gear is as you expect. In other words don't gather things up at the last minute. My tents rain fly and air mattress were left behind. The first night I slept on the ground in another guys tent. The next day I bought another air mattress and a tarp. Good thing too because it rained like hell Saturday night.

It rained enough to turn the paintball field into a swamp. Needless to say, I didn't play Sunday. Slipping and sliding around is not good on an arthritic hip. When checking out the vendor booths, I was surprised to learn that a real nice pump gun costs as much as a Walther PPK. That pump gun, shooting paintballs was very, very nice but priced at $575. That's more than a good semiautomatic gun. I wanted one but not at that price.

No comments: