E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, March 22, 2009

About Time

I flipped through an old gun magazine (from 2006) earlier today while sitting on the can. That's what magazines are for isn't it? Anyway, in it was the announcement that Charter Arms is introducing a revolver that will chamber rimless pistol cartridges without needing moon clips. Well recently I looked at Charter Arms website and didn't notice this product being offered. I now looked again and found this. Charter Arms Rimless Revolver (CARR) will be available in April 2009! I wonder what the hell took so long.

Correction - I thought for sure it was in an old Guns & Ammo from 2006. I looked there again and didn't find it. OOps!! Thanks to a readers e-mail.

Charter Arms will first offer the .40 S&W followed by the .45ACP and 9x19 mm Parabellum (the 9mm Parabellum revolver will also chamber factory .380ACP). All three Rimless Revolvers (9mm, .40 and .45) will be rated for higher velocity +P loadings.

I bought a .44 Bulldog because I have a .44 Mag and reloading equipment for that cartridge, that will also load the old .44 special. The same is true for the 9mm and .45acp. If I'd known about the above I might've waited and bought a 9mm or .45acp instead of the .44 Bulldog. Then again probably not.

No comments: