E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Swiss K31

Several years ago I picket up a Swiss K31. Probably the best military trigger I've ever touched, and boy can it shoot. My son shot a 3/4" 3 shot group at 100 yards with his, and it has the original sites. I think mine is about as accurate, but I can't really tell for sure. I can barely see the shallow and tiny rear notch.

Anyone have any knowledge about the clamp-on scope mount for the K31? I put an aperture rear site on it that helps a lot, but I'm always bothered by a rifle that shoots a whole lot better than I can see.

1 comment:

Haji said...

I guess you need to get the same sights that this dude that was in the shop yesterday had. He stated that scopes "were for p*ssies", while talking to Paul, who's one of the better long range marksmen I know, who invests in good glass. This dude then went on to say that he can hit oxygen bottles at 1,000 yards first time, every time with his open sighted K98 Mauser. When his tag-along, "Hey, Spike!" pal asked what kind of sights he had on that gun, he replied "leaf springs". That's not a typo. I walked out of the room before I said what was on my mind at the time.