E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Saved $600

I make it a point to not buy anything on impulse. This philosophy has served me well over the years, but on occasion it backfires. I resisted the impulse to buy the STI in .357 Sig when I first saw it. After thinking about it several days, I decided to make the purchase. I stopped to do that last night. Somebody beat me to it. Oh well I was saved $600.

The last 2 nights I window shopped in 3 different gun shops, mostly looking at short guns. The choices are few for those with small hands. The only things of interest were two 9mm carry guns made by Kahr. The tiny little PM9, not much bigger than the Keltec 380, and the CW9, slightly smaller and a lot slimmer than my Kimber UltraCarry. If I ever decide to get on, I'll not be paying retail. I know a guy who can get me one at dealer cost.

The blown up 44Mag that was given to me and then repaired by Ruger at no charge has a local retail price around $500. Saw one in the store last night. All it cost me was shipping charges. Eeeeha!

No comments: