E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Day for the Park

At about 11:30 today I loaded Amber (Siberian husky) into the truck and headed out to one of the local gun stores. The intent was to browse for anything that I couldn't do without and also to check out their reloading supplies. I'm running low on certain bullets. Then take the dog for a walk at the park.

I originally wanted to get out to the range this weekend to renew my membership and test fire the 44 Mag that's back from Ruger, and the 30 carbine that might be fixed this time. I didn't go because the bone chilling cold hasn't let up enough as yet. Just 2 days ago we were the coldest in the country, including Alaska. It was -18F in the area.

Anyway, I forgot that gun store is closed Sundays so I stopped at a different one on the way back. That one didn't open for another hour and I didn't want to wait. So I started to turn in the parking lot of the third that has an indoor range, but it also has the TSI in .357 Sig that I wrote about last week. There was little chance that I could resist the temptation, so I drove on by and headed to the park.

As soon as I got the dog out of the truck the wind picked up. Now Amber didn't mind it a bit, but I did. Our normal 1 to 2 mile walk was cut extremely short. Amber gave me a dirty look when I put her back in the truck, but the wind made it just too cold for this old man.

BTW, I turned 58 two days ago. I guess being vertical is still a good thing. Happy birthday to me.

No comments: