E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, October 13, 2008

I Don't Believe a Word of it

Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland is the only Dem. I've voted for in memory. That's because the vast majority of Dems. are decidedly anti-liberty, anti-gun types. He actually helped push for the concealed carry law here in the Buckeye state. I haven't regretted that vote, but now he's dropped a few notches in my eyes.

Strickland, the NRA "A"-rated governor who is also a former Buckeye Firearms Association endorsee, told the press that "as a result of direct conversations that I've had with Barack Obama, if you are a sportsman, if you are a gun owner, if you are someone that honors and respects the Second Amendment - you have nothing to fear from Barack Obama and I want you to spread the word throughout this great part of our great state."

I never thought he'd bow to the party line like that. And if he didn't, then his judgement is very flawed.

1 comment:

Haji said...

That's why I'll vote for a left leaning Republican over a right leaning Democrat if there's no other choice: sooner or later, they toe the party line. Its simply a matter of maximizing the chances for the best result.