E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Not Sticks and Stones

I've been in that area many times, but I don't remember if this is in the national park or not.

A black bear repeatedly mauled an 8-year-old boy Monday evening near a popular motor trail on the outskirts of Gatlinburg, and an animal matching its description was later killed by park rangers.

"Apparently the dad was able to drive the bear off both times with rocks and sticks," . . .

The last I heard it's still illegal to carry a gun in national parks. That didn't stop me from carrying concealed before, and it sure won't stop me now. That bear was apparently small, so believe me when I tell you the rangers wouldn't need to go looking for it. It would've died from lead poisoning, .45 caliber to be precise.

No comments: