E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, June 30, 2008

An Open Door . . . . I Hope

"I happen to believe that this is now going to open the door to litigation against every gun safety law that states have passed – assault weapons bans, trigger locks, and all the rest of it."
Senator Dianne Feinstein

I certainly hope she's right, though I quibble with her term "gun safety law". There are gun sefety rules, but as far as I can tell none of the laws, especially the ones I suspect she's talking about, have anything to do with gun safety.

There are gun owner restriction laws that reduce the safety of citizens by creating more targets for violent crime. Then there are laws that afford the citizen some protection against unjust legal action for protecting themselves, like CCW and Castle Droctrine.

No comments: