E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, May 30, 2008

Social Chaos

I've heard is said, or read it somewhere . . . . Oh well, my memory never has been the best. Anyway, laws are only useful when the members of society refuse to behave in a civilized manner. When people no longer recognize the truism of right and wrong, and behave accordingly, then laws and in particular the punishment for violating the laws are the only thing that allows society to survive. I've also read . . . . somewhere . . . . that our form of government is not adequate if The People are not morally just.

But if anyone does want to use it (Christianity) as a cynical method of social control, they'll find it a lot more effective than metal detectors, police crackdowns or the strong, repressive state we'll soon be living under, if we don't learn how to be good on our own.

I'm not a Christian myself, but I'm convinced that the Bible should be required reading for many. If followed, and by everyone, the world would be a much quieter place.

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately a lot of my childrens generation and the next have parents (?) that didn't do their job. They raised, or didn't bother to raise, their kids as relativists. There's a lot of harmful people out there. Unfortunately some of this evil behavior is actually supported, at least by inactivity, by the court system in some instances. The state of Mass. now has a deserved reputation of accepting child molestation. These evil individuals seem to be getting nothing more than a slap on the wrist for harming children.

Bullshit like this doesn't help a bit. I'm convinced it makes things much worse.

Ten-year-old Bradley Geslak was suspended from school this week for bringing a Memorial Day souvenir to school. The Toy Town Elementary School fourth-grader had received two empty rifle shell casings from blanks used during the town celebration held at the GAR Park Monday morning. He brought one of the casings with him to school the next day.

I do believe this little wonder also happened in the state of Mass. Child molesters go free and children are punished for doing nothing wrong. That state is definately Ass backwards.

So until things change, I'll live with a gun close at hand. I will not tolerate evil being attempted to me or mine.

No comments: