E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, May 22, 2008

OOPS

In all the activity leading up to our trip to Germany and Poland, I totally forgot about renewing my Ohio carry license. Yesterday at work I printed off the required forms to apply for renewal. On the way to the printer I stopped to converse with one of my people. While there a clerical worker saw the forms on the printer and loudly asked whose they were. I claimed ownership and was asked if I really wanted to carry a gun, to which I replied that I’ve been licensed to carry for years. She handed me the papers with a dirty look and stomped away. There sure aren’t many fence sitters on the issue.

So today I again jumped through the hoops and applied for the license renewal. I was informed that I probably won’t receive the new license until about July 4. When I informed her that my license expires May25 it was suggested that I not carry during that time period, but if I do be sure to have the renewal paperwork with me. It may not be an issue because my Florida license is good until June 18 and I sent in the renewal forms at least a month ago.

I consider myself to be a lawful citizen, but if my licenses become invalid for a short time period, I’ll most likely carry anyway. It’s a right protected by the state and federal constitution.

BTW, I sure felt naked traveling without a weapon. They froun on such things in Germany and Poland.

No comments: