E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, May 5, 2008

Money is Worthless

Last Saturday was the Bosses birthday. I'd tell you how old she is but I made a mistake early in our marriage. I taught her to shoot a .357Mag. There's nothing that will keep a man in line better than a woman that can hit the head of a bowling pin at 25 yards with full house .357 fodder.

I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and got the usual 'nothing' answer. Most years that's not the truth, but not this year. We went on out first, and probably last cruise, last winter where I spoiled her big time. One of the stops was the island of St. Thomas. Precious stones there cost way less than here in the states. Between the diamonds and tansenite, I spend what I consider to be a fortune on her. I could've bought 8 real nice AR15s for that much money.

It felt good to be able to spend the money and buy nice things for a wonderful woman. She has to be an angel to put up with me for 37 years.

And to add frosting to the cake, we're getting ready for a trip to Europe.

As my daddy once said "money is worthless until you spend it".

No comments: