E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bye Bye

Just finished throwing water on all the issues that always come up just before being out of the office. Everyone needs notice that I'm not going to be here for a while, which is an open invitation to slam me with last minute stuff from others. And since I'm now a supervisor I also have to touch bases with my people to make sure they'll be heading in the right direction in my absense. They're good people so I expect direction from me won't be needed as often in the near future.

I'll be calling in daily until Friday evening. After that I'll be on vacation and out of touch as far as work is concerned. I know the ambitious would call in even while on vacation, but not me. I've long outgrown that nonsense.

In a few minutes I'm heading home for lunch and the last bit of packing. Then we're off to the airport. We have a flight out of Cincinnati direct to Frankfurt Germany. That's about 9 hours crammed in a small and uncomfortable seat. Sure hope we can sleep on the way because we'll arrive in Germany tomorrow morning their time. Then it's a 3 hour drive to the hotel for the 2 days of meetings.

Have I ever mentioned that I hate being in an airplane? I also hate being treated like just another cow in the security line. And speeking of lines, I hate standing in them also. Basically, business travel, to me, is like being punished. I don't mind being there, I just don't like getting there and back.

No comments: