E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gun Enthusiest

Well, some would call me obsessed with guns, even to an extreme. I don't really agree with that sentiment, after all I only own 36 firearms.

The latest is a Ruger Super Blackhawk chambered in .44 Mag. Yeah I know it's a little wimpy compared to my favorite .454 Casull, but it was given to me free of charge. You see the previous owner had an unexplained mishap. The 7" barrel is split down the middle, top and bottom, full length. Everything else appears to be in good shape. When I get the chance I'll give Ruger a call and see if they're interested in checking it out for a possible rebarreling job. If not, maybe I'll frame it as a reminder that s*** can happen.

And BTW I'm expecting gun number 37 in a week or two. A friend (FFL holder) of my eldest son is building a custom AR to my specifications, and for my personal pleasure. I hope it arrives in time for 'buy-a-gun day. April15.

No comments: