E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, February 4, 2022

Road Trip

The first week of January I hitched the 5th wheel trailer to the truck, loaded the Boss and both dogs, then headed south.  We made reservations at several RV parks for the trip. I set it up for 6 hours maximum road time using mapquest. This is our first long road trip, and in the future I'll schedule less time/distance between stops. Pulling a 36ft 12,000lb (empty) trailer is more tiring than driving a car. Professional truck drivers probably think I'm a wimp.

The Boss has wanted to go to the Florida Keys, so we spent a week there, after 4 days of travel. Then on to Lakeland Florida where my sister and her family live, for a couple of weeks. And now we're on our way, sort of, back home to Ohio. Our homeward journey was planned to be 2 night stops and 3 days. Then the winter storm intervened. So now we're spending extra time in central Georgia.  No way do I want to pull this trailer across the mountains if the road has snow or ice. 

No comments: